Speaker: Jameel Mann (Partner, Knights plc)
This interactive workshop gives delegates the opportunity to exchange experiences, examples and best practice in respect of their roles as governors to protect the health and wellbeing of staff. The objective is that attendees will leave with some new ideas for improving their respective working environments and to address some of the issues and challenges being faced in the current climate.
Given the enhanced demands being placed on employees, particularly during these times, there continues to be an increased required for governing bodies to review how the School is managing the health and wellbeing of staff. The key issues currently for discussion are:
- Protecting the physical and mental health of all employees (for both home working and those working at School);
- Establishing a dialogue with employees suffering with mental health related issues;
- Language and behavioural management changes and policies to create a more open culture;
- Supporting staff suffering with stress;
- Managing mental health related absences; and
- Ways of improving morale and wellbeing in the workplace / for those homeworking.