Please read the Terms and Conditions of use of this website carefully.
1. The registration processes on the Site require you to have a unique username and password that gives you access to your account. You and your school are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to:
(a) Immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com
(b) Ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. AGBIS cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
2. If you are using the Site on behalf of a member of AGBIS and are authorised to do so the material from this Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened to (where appropriate), printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer and photocopied in reasonable numbers for the purposes of promoting efficient and effective administration and carrying out ancillary services at the independent school in question. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of AGBIS.
3. If you are not authorised to access the Site on behalf of a member of AGBIS you must refrain from accessing the "Members" section of the Site.
4. If you are not using the Site on behalf of a member of AGBIS, you may browse, download, view, print, copy onto the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopy) and use all material from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith only. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of AGBIS.
5. You will not use the Site:
(a) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
(b) in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, offend, distress or inconvenience any person or which encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
(c) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
(d) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
(f) to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
(g) in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
(h) in any way that might infringe third party privacy or other rights or is unlawful;
(i) to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions; or
(j) in any way that might bring AGBIS into disrepute.
6. You hereby grant AGBIS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
7. Any discussion forums or pages of the Site where you are capable of posting material are provided for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Site that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited.
8. In relation to any content that you post to the Site, you acknowledge and agree:-
(a) that AGBIS accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of the restrictions set out above; and
(b) to indemnify AGBIS from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of the restrictions set out above.
9. We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the Site generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the website. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the Site without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
10. If you object to the publication of any material placed on our online forums (or anywhere else on this website) please let us know by calling 01438 840730 or by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
11. AGBIS shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and AGBIS shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of AGBIS or its employees) arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
12. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by AGBIS, its employees and agents in these pages, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. Some of the material on the Site may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY COMMITMENT BASED UPON THEM.
13. AGBIS cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. AGBIS, its Committee Members, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of AGBIS or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
14. You acknowledge that communications via email or over the Internet can never be entirely reliable or secure and if you choose to communicate with AGBIS through these mediums you accept that your messages might be lost or intercepted through no fault of AGBIS.
15. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external third party websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. AGBIS is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites. Furthermore, on some of the pages of those external websites you may be informed of the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. AGBIS is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by you with any third party.
16. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, AGBIS gives no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. AGBIS excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of AGBIS or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
17. The names, images and logos identifying AGBIS or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of AGBIS, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and AGBIS reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
18. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
19. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
21. Data Protection
21.1 AGBIS is registered under, and will process your personal data in accordance with, data protection legislation. The Data Controller is the General Secretary.
21.2 You hereby agree that the information you submit via the website and any other information sent to AGBIS by you or otherwise obtained by AGBIS about you ("the Personal Data") may be processed by AGBIS for the purposes of:
(a) disclosing contact details for all Members on the Site;
(b) enabling AGBIS to carry out its administrative functions;
(c) enabling AGBIS to operate its e-Learning facility;
(d) enabling AGBIS to operate the website;
(e) providing you with information by email or other means;
(f) providing you with information about products and services of AGBIS and other parties;
(g) statistical analysis;
(h) assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site; and
(i) information and databank compilation and administration.
THE PROCESSING OF THE PERSONAL DATA MAY INVOLVE AGBIS DISCLOSING YOUR DETAILS TO REGULATORY BODIES AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
21.3 Of course, if you post any personal information to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications. 22. Payment Transactions 22.1 AGBIS accepts overall responsibility for website payment transactions. A contract between a User and AGBIS for the purchase of a Product or Service is created as follows:
(a) The User places the order for a Product or Service on the Site by pressing an order confirmation button at the end of the checkout process.
(b) By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the Product or Service you have selected. At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated Payment Method.
(c) We will send to you a “Thank you for your order” email detailing your order for the Product or Service, and other information we must provide to you.
(d) When the Product or Service you have selected in paid for, we will send you a “confirmation of your payment” email.
22.2. AGBIS may reject an order in certain circumstances, namely:
(a) Your order breaching the requirements of these Terms;
(b) The Product or Service you order being unavailable;
(c) Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment; or
(d) A relevant pricing or Product or Service description error being identified.
22.3. If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order. You have the right to cancel your contract for the purchase of a Product or Service, provided you notify us of the cancellation no longer than 30 days after the day of the purchase. We will refund the purchase price you have paid for the Product or Service based on our Cancellation Policy. 23. Payment Method 23.1. When you place an order for a Product or Service, you will need to supply us with details of a payment method, such as a credit or debit card, (your “Payment Method”) and other personal details so that we may process the order for you.
23.2. If you elect to store a Payment Method with AGBIS, that Payment Method – with some of its details masked, for security reasons – will automatically be used; you may, however, be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that stored Payment Method.
23.3. In the event that you supply or attempt to use an invalid Payment Method, or a Payment Method which has lapsed, an order made using that Payment Method will fail.
We will deliver your Product to your billing address or delivery address in the UK and abroad. If you’ve chosen special delivery, someone may need to be in to sign for it. We’ll let you know if this is the case, otherwise it'll go back to your local courier or Royal Mail depot, and the driver will leave a card with details of how to collect it, or rearrange delivery. If you don’t receive your Product, please contact us on 01438 840730 (standard call charges apply).
The estimated delivery time for Products upon receipt of your order is 7 working days. Your Products will be sent via second class post unless urgent delivery requested. Please contact AGBIS at email@example.com or contact us on 01438 840730 to arrange special delivery at an extra cost.
27.2. Returns – Faulty Products
If the Product arrives to you faulty, please contact us on 01438 840730 and we will arrange a return and replacement of the Product.
(a) Cancelling a Product - A Product which has been ordered cannot be cancelled if it has already been sent out for delivery.
(b) Cancelling a Service - If a Seminar, Onsite Training, or Review of Governance has been booked, the following cancellation policy will apply:
28. Minimum Age 28.1. By placing an online order for our Products and Services you are declaring that you are 18 years of age or over. These items must be used responsibly and appropriately. 29. Click to Accept 29.1. When you ‘Click to Accept’ or click an acknowledgement button on our website you are agreeing to accept our Terms & Conditions including order, return/refund policy. We agree not to mark such tick box by default so that our customers can tick it before completing the purchase.
- up to 30 days before the training date, a refund of 100% will be made.
- up to 15 days before the training date, a transfer to another seminar or arrange another date for Onsite Training and/or Review of Governance within the same academic year.
- Thereafter, AGBIS regrets that no refund or transfer can be made.
30. Transaction Currency 30.1. All transactions will be conducted in GBP (UK £) and this will be clearly indicated on our website. 31. Card Association 31.1. Card association marks are visibly displayed on our website.
Please click here
to download a copy of the above Terms & Conditions